Menu
hammerette
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnects

I have a black spot or two in my property which is causing issues with sky tv. I have purchased the net gear WiFi extender from VM but it keeps disconnecting the main sky box. Also the main sky box is on ext and the secondary box is on the main VM connection which is also causing issues with being unable to connect at all. If I’m on a phone call in the room with the main VM connection and walk into the room with the ext line my phone call cuts off while it connects to the ext connection which is frustrating. Can anyone help me get around this issue please?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects

Wifi extenders ar just not very good solutions - in fact VM dont supply them any more they have switched to pods. However they will charge you rental for thos as they are with the boosters you have (you haven't "bought" them).

Return them save the monies and get you own better quality equipment.

Get either.....
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point or (4) a combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos