Menu
estgeorge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnects - Hub 3

Hi 

I recently upgraded to a Hub 3, ever since I have been getting disconnected frequently, sometimes more than 10 times a day!  The router has a red light, I have tried all the normal troubleshooting, restarting, resetting etc. but the issue persists.  I believe the router is faulty, would it be possible to send me a replacement please?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects - Hub 3

Hi @estgeorge,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this. A red light on your hub would usually indicate that it is overheating.

Can you advise if the hub is hot to touch? Is it out in the open and well ventilated?

Regarding the disconnects, is that on all devices, wired and wireless? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
estgeorge
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ayisha

It's not hot to the touch and is in a well ventilated area, the same place my old hub 2 was without any problems.  It is affecting all devices.  I have had to resort a few times to using my phone's data connection as that is proving more reliable.  Didn't have the connection issues with my old hub 2.

thank you

mark

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. The best way forward would be to get an engineer out to check things over and replace the hub if needed as it it shouldn't have the red light indicator on. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm your address and get the visit booked for you 🙂

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @estgeorge,

Thank you for providing the additional details needed via private message as requested by my colleague.

I can confirm that a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked. For security reasons we're unable to confirm the time/date that this has been booked for publicly, but you can check this via your My Virgin Media online account and reschedule this if needed.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
estgeorge
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, much appreciated

cheers

mark

0 Kudos