Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnections

Been having disconnection issues for over a week now, initially it wasn't to serious connection to virgin would go down for 20-30 seconds a few times a day and network trouble shooting would say "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" 

Since this week the frequency has been increasing daily and we could barely use the internet in the late evening.

Since last night we are getting no internet or is not connected long enough to even check an email.

If I do test I get a message there are issues in the network but area status says broadband is fine, but the test says otherwise.

I called support they told me to wait 24-48 hours, didn't think there was any point in ranting to a call centre agent who wouldn't have clue.

I am currently using the hub in modem mode and my router network monitor I can see it constantly connecting and disconnecting and it reports an issue with DHCP server.

The worse thing is there no acknowledgement of what the problem is, and with the lockdown I need to work from home which has been getting harder and harder.

Hopefully someone can give some advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnections

What’s your connection like if you connect direct to the hub (and not your own router) and if you put the hub back into router mode as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think I got it back up and working, problem is I can't use the router in modem mode any more.

So I switched the router out of modem mode and and straight away got a connection which appears to be stable (won't really know until a few days of use with new setup), I switched it back modem mode and my router can no longer connect to the internet via the modem.

Considering I have had this setup for over 2 years with no problems it seems something happened on the server side my router did throw a message that the ISP DHCP does not function properly when I tried going back to modem mode

DHCP error.PNG

Anyway good luck everyone with your issues 🙂 if it goes again I will probably be back fingers crossed it stays stable and I can get some work done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to power off the router and hub.

Power on the hub only and allow it to initialise (in modem mode)  

Connect the router to the hub and power on and allow it to initialise.

You should then be good to go. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, good catch now if I can be bothered to reset up my mesh network 🙂 I do miss the parental controls though.
0 Kudos