Menu
SkyPlusnet
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant Tech Issues: Cancellation

Hi,

I called Virgin Media today after my internet kept dropping out. I work from home, so need this internet (like many of us do, now). Called Virgin on the phone and they said I have to wait for it to actively break down before they can send a router/person to fix. They told I need to write on the forum to get it fixed. On the phone, the guy put the phone down on me, and suggested I phone cancellations. They told me to plug in directly to the router - I can’t sit on the storms and do 8 hours of work. Shoddy customer service. I can’t let work down with the terrible internet connection. I’m going to look elsewhere - after 18 years as a loyal customer. Can you fix this now, Virgin Media? 

thanks, Me

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Tech Issues: Cancellation

So would you like help and advice on here - if so is that to help diagnose an rectify the issues or just advice on how to cancel and move elsewhere?

If the former, can you describe exactly what the issues are and what you have tried to get them fixed?

Starting with, are the issues disconnections or speed issues or both and are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model do you have and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SkyPlusnet
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

ive spoken to virgin about this on the phone. 
My internet over the last few weeks drops out and stays out for hours; then reconnects randomly. It keeps doing it - really bad when I’m #WFH.

I did the reset today and Virgin Media just say ‘call us when it gets bad again’. I reset it the other week, too. Virgin media won’t come and fix it or give me a new router.

I don’t have a cable - have my boiler plugged in (wireless boiler), my phone, and a laptop. Virgin media seem quite happy for me to cancel  and don’t want to solve the issue. Over the 18 years, the internet issues have meant new routers.

They don’t want to solve anything.

plus, with patchy internet, how am I meant to trust an Internet forum for answers? How can I get on here all the time if my internet just cuts out? It cuts out on all devices.

can you send a router/someone to fix? If not, I need internet so I do need to go elsewhere.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am not with VM

You havent answered the questions I posed

A VM person should respond in a few days in the meantime can you do this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SkyPlusnet,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, I've been through a few checks and it does look like the hub is outside of the specifications we would expect.

I'll need to arrange an engineer visit but will need to confirm a few details with you first, I've sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos