cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Red light

Jimabaker
Joining in

Hello

I have a constant red light on my router but internet / WiFi is working fine. I have tried all the solutions suggested, such as disconnecting, reset button, made sure cables in, etc. but the light remains red. It's been like this for 2 or 3 weeks. New cable has been put in down my road and neighbourhood that coincided with this happening but this may well just be a coincidence.  From what I've read, it seems I may need a replacement box fitted? I have had it for about 6 years I think.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jimabaker,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

A red light on a Hub 3 would indicate that the Hub may be overheating. There are just a few checks we need to go through before looking at replacing the Hub. Can you please let us know if the Hub is in a clear and open space, and if it is well ventilated? 

Thank you,

Beth

Not sure, 3 I think I recall

Hi Beth, yes it is. Same place as its been for years. Thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jimabaker,

Thanks for confirming this, so that I can go about getting the box replaced for you I will need to quickly confirm some information from you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jimabaker,

Glad we could have that quick private message, if you need to go about changing your appointment or checking when it is, you can do so via our website here.

Joe