cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Red Light

cneville999
Joining in

My Hub 3 is over 5 years old. I keep losing connection and Streaming TV keeps buffering and it has a constant Red light. I have done a pin hole reset but the issues are not resolved. The hub is in a cool ventilated area. I think I need a new hub. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Will swap the Hub but it may not resolve your connection issues.

Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cneville999 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing 😔

Can you please confirm you've followed the below steps in the following order:

• Turned the power switch off on the back of the Hub

• Ensured the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight

• Used the power switch to turn the unit back on

If after following the steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, it'll need replacing.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience. 

Thank you for your support @jbrennand 👍

Regards,
Daniel

I can confirm I've done all of the above several times and still have a red light and connectivity issues. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can we see your connection data... can you do this..

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4/5) or top/right (SH’s) - of the Login page.

Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

Also,   If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cneville999

Thank you for your reply, I have checked our systems and your hub has been running for 22 days, can you please try Dan's advice above and let us know, and as advised by @jbrennand are you able to share your data requested?
Let us know when you have done the checks and we will do our best to help 😊
Thanks,
Zoie