Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant Packet Drops - Area 20

For atleast a week or two, my network has been dropping packets meaning that normal use isn't possible unless you enjoy a buffer every 30 seconds. 

a.pngunknown.png

Ping test and pathping test. I've restarted the router numerous times, checked all cables and everything is as it should be. Issue is with LAN and WiFi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Packet Drops - Area 20

Suggest you grab the hub's status data for Downstream, Upstream, and Network Log, and post here as text, we can take a look for obvious problems.  I'd also recommend you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor, and post the link to shared live graph.  That won't show much useful for the first 24 hours, but once there a good set of data we can see what the connection looks like over time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So, last night after 2am the connection was perfect. No issues at all.

Woke up to the internet being down again.

You can see it on the broadband quality monitor - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3b27deef401822adcf2fb37921f7e55e62...

and below are all my results from the router.

7.PNG6.PNG5.PNG4.PNG3.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also, we have upgraded to the 500mb package and an engineer put an adapter on our coaxial.

It says it is a

"ASH-GISX101-VM01"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible internal and external co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some more troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos