Menu
marcwalkerk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant Hub 4 Disconnections

Last November i accepted offer to upgrade from my Hub 3 Connection upto the Hub 4 as i had previously had lots of connection issues with the previous Hub. 

The first few weeks of using the new Router certainly improved connectivity and signal strength, however over the last 2/3 weeks it is dropping connection on a minimum of a daily basis, sometimes (like today it has dropped out 5 times). This is not acceptable when I am a home worker and need to be able to connect for work and meetings with Work Colleagues.

The Virgin Media Connect App and Website  do not help for the New Hub , and the phone support doesnt even allow me to get to connect to a human. It feels like it is unfit for purpose.

Is anyone else having connectivity issues with the new hub 4, or have any suggestions  ? 

Each time I have to switch off and on the Router and after 10 minutes I can get back on for a while (maybe up till the next day sometimes ! ) but it shouldnt be regularly dropping out like this.

Ideally I want an Engineer to attend but  it feels like every attempt is made to prevent contact with a Technician. 

😞 Very discontent customer

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Hub 4 Disconnections

First question. What are connections like on ethernet cable connected devices?

That is, are the issues just wifi related or might they be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
marcwalkerk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My connection is continuing to cause extreme problems. It has disconnected on eight occassions so far today and following on from each i have reset the router leaving it turned off for 30 seconds. 

This problem is affecting all my internet connected devices not just the wifi ones. There are no issues on the Service Status for my area, and i also used the samknows.com website to determine the connection speeds when it is up. This is less than 5%  of my Broadband Tarrif speed (600 Mbs) . I previously had the same Connection/poor speed issues) with the Hub 3 Router that I had and an engineer visited. He suggested that something in the street box had been wrong/disconnected probably due to the number of Street connections being made.  I had the offer to upgrade to this Hub and i am essentially no better off.

It is impossible to speak to anyone on the phone. I have called support and other then an automated message which says reboot router and then hangs up.

vm-connect1715-010321.PNGimage.png

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello marcwalkerk

Sorry to hear and see the broadband issues experienced, it's clearly not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums to raise this and would like to welcome you to the community.

Having had a quick look at the account we're unable to see the Hub, can you confirm at the time of posting this the Hub is online? We can however see it has been rebooted quite recently with minimal timeouts and all of the level's being within spec.

We'd recommend setting up a BQM (broadband quality monitor) with think broadband. This can be done for free here and will monitor your connection over the following 24 hour period from when it is set up. Once you have the results can you pop the results here so we can take a look.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
marcwalkerk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes my hub was connected at the time, yesterday was a better day connection wise with speeds inline with my tariff, however there were problems with my tv service instead. 

I have setup the Broadband Quality Monitor as you have suggested and will keep a regular monitor on it. As soon as i am seeing some results I will post up a screenshot. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
marcwalkerk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2e9c5c28a1cbfdcbf1cebc6f6609be7c39b999a6-0...

www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6f2666a9924baaf59c259560d956dff389f0e93e

marcwalkerk_0-1614850304871.png

0 Kudos