Menu
JamesDoe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant Connection Drops

I've had periodic problems with this for years, but I always just accepted it as part of life and carried on. Unfortunately in the last week it has become completely unmanageable.

My internet connection drops several times a minute. A recent ping test from my IT department averaged around 10-15 drops. This is noticeable both on devices connected to the wifi, and my PC that is wired into the router.

Yes - The Power Light is On
Yes - The issue is across multiple devices
Yes - I have checked Service status for local outages several times, everything comes back clear
Yes - I have rebooted the hub (many times this week)
Yes - I have factory reset the hub

The speed measurements of the connection show as very positive, but the practical reality is that because each connection drop requires software to "catch up" the reality is that I am experiencing extremely slow speeds for webpages to load up.

I mentioned the IT department earlier. The other issue that I have is that I work in a customer service centre on the telephones. When the connection drops, I lose connection to the server and to my customer. My IT department have done everything they can with this - including providing me with a new laptop to work from on Tuesday - but the problem persists, and is visible on my other devices as well.

To add insult to injury, as one of the ex-nurses who have offered to return to the field to assist in the pandemic response, I need to complete a plethora of online training in order to do so. I can progress with this but only at a painfully slow rate, where modules that would reasonably take 10 minutes are taking 40 minutes+ to complete purely because of the time required for the pages to load.

Thankfully, as I am at the end of my contract period, I can just cancel (which I should probably do anyway, given the customer service standards) and switch providers. However this will leave me with just my phone for internet while I get a new option arranged and in the circumstances this is obviously non-ideal.

Does anyone have any suggestions they could offer?

0 Kudos
JamesDoe
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Connection Drops

Apologies. I've since found a deal that was beating my ending contract on all fronts, which a friend said had much better customer service.

This thread can be marked as "solved".

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Connection Drops

Is this with wired or wireless connections?

Is the telephone connection using the laptop?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos