Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Constant 5G dropouts - PE28 area

Been happening for a few days, brilliantly timed to coincide with working from home for my entire family including my kids trying to use online resources from school.

Dropping out for a few minutes at a time and then coming back, sometimes on its own and sometimes it needs a reboot. It's a real problem at the moment as I'm losing connection during calls things are crashing all over the place.

2.4G and ethernet seems to be fine, it's only 5G. Nothing has changed in my network apart from slightly higher traffic but no more than what we get most weekends and its held up fine for the most part for years.

I use a Nighthawk R7000 router and I get good performance generally across the house. 

Any ideas? I've rebooted multiple times and factory reset once the other day.

Any diagnostics I or you can run would be greatly appreciated

I'm on 350mb plan but very rarely get over 200mb but that's another thread altogether.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant 5G dropouts - PE28 area

If its just the 5GHz band dropping and also the 2.4 band and ethernet are fine, then the problem has to be either with your Nighthawk or due to external interference on that band, That is down to you to sort out VM dont support 3d party equipment.
Are you absolutely sure that it is just 5GHz wifi that is dropping - nothing else?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos