Menu
Logo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connectivity

My mobile device when scanning for signal says it’s good or great in bedroom yet TV won’t connect at all.  

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connectivity

maybe your phone is picking up the 5ghz signal, but your TV can't connect to the 2.4...

you could try to split the bands on the router and see if that helps - log into http://192.168.0.1 - click on advanced and find the page that lists the two networks.. change the name of them (maybe just append a _2 and a _5 respectively) and see if you can connect the TV to one of them then..

0 Kudos
Logo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I’ve tried your link but the page says the password is incorrect even though I am copying it from the router.(?) 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Logo wrote:

Thanks for your help. I’ve tried your link but the page says the password is incorrect even though I am copying it from the router.(?) 

on the sticker on the bottom of the hub there are two passwords - one is the wifi password, the other is the settings password, it's the settings password you need

Logo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be a pain but it’s now saying someone else is logged in to my settings page and only one allowed at any time. 

I have closed all windows with Virgin. Not the most tech savvy and it’s doing my head in! 😂

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Logo wrote:

Sorry to be a pain but it’s now saying someone else is logged in to my settings page and only one allowed at any time. 

I have closed all windows with Virgin. Not the most tech savvy and it’s doing my head in! 😂

are you logged in via the app on  your phone?

Logo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Wolf. You’ve fixed it! I think. 🤞🏼