Menu
MC_64
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection

I am working from home but about 5 times a day my work laptop loses wifi connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect. I have rebooted etc but still having same issue. Also if watching something on tablet that also cuts out regularly. Any suggestions - not too technical please 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection

do you have any wired connections if so do they cut out - if you dont have wired connections what do the lights on the hub do when you lose connection

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
MC_64
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which figures do you need?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MC_64 wrote:

Which figures do you need?

the ones i asked for above - cut and paste them also details on how you are connected

Tony
0 Kudos
MC_64
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

MC_64_0-1611936780361.pngMC_64_1-1611936829087.png

0 Kudos
MC_64
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony.  I appreciate your help.  I'm not good at this sort of thing - just need laptop and wi-fi that works.  

What do you mean by how am I connected?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

are you connected by wifi or a lan cable - guess the answer is wifi from your last comment

your levels are not good - not a disaster but they need looking at - downstream is too low -6 in minimum and you have some below that - upstream is in spec [just] but at 51 and problems could do with being lower

so do you have an attenuator on the input - a small barrel shaped connector between the coax in and the hub - if you have remove it - post new figures back and see it the connection is any more stable

if not you need a tech to do some adjustment - wait here or ring it in - if you ring it in they are likely to send you a new hub - will not help [usually] but they think it will because the script says so - have non of it push them to book a tech

Tony