Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection with Apple Devices intermittent

My Network has a Windows 10 PC, a Windows 10 Laptop, a Samsung Phone, a Samsung Tablet, an iPhone 8 and an iPad 2019. Everything except the iPhone and iPad work well on the network. The two IOS devices won't stay connected. They connect, but after a short well the apps lose their connection report they are not attached to the internet. The indicator on the IOS devices shows that they are receiving the wireless signal. I have factory reset everything, run a test on the router which came out fine, pulled most of my hair out and made every change to the iOS settings that I can find from every website I have been able to locate. So, help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection with Apple Devices intermittent

Hi mstev2,

Thanks for your post on the forums, welcome! 

I'm sorry to understand that you have been having some WiFi issues with your iPad and iPhone.

Can you confirm please if you have always had these issues with these devices or whether it has recently started? I've had a look at things from here and can see that there was recently a fault located in your area which has now been resolved, so this may be the reason for the connection stability issues.

I can also see that you have quite a number of devices connected to your network, can you please confirm if you have tried disconnecting all devices except for the iPad and iPhone to see if you notice any difference?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am having this exact same issue.  I work in IT so am familiar with networks and how they work.  But this is a weird one!

Our Windows devices work with no issue but the iPad and two iPhones keep dropping internet connectivity making them almost unusable on the home network.  I have been on the phone to Virgin for about 3 hours now and they refuse to accept that it is a router problem.

I have ran a continuous 'ping' to the router from all our devices, and they all connect, via WiFi, with no issue 100% i.e. no packet loss

When I run a continuous 'ping' to google.com or BBC.co.uk, we are losing 20-30% of the data packets. From the windows devices, we lose around 0.1% of the data packets.  

Yet Virgin refuse to accept that this is a router issue.  I even tried my iPhone on a friends Virgin WiFi and again there was no issue, the data loss was at 0.1%.

Virgin Support refuse to help any further so I am going to have to cancel my Virgin account unless someone on here can help!

Russ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@pricer66 wrote:

I am having this exact same issue.  I work in IT so am familiar with networks and how they work.  But this is a weird one!

Our Windows devices work with no issue but the iPad and two iPhones keep dropping internet connectivity making them almost unusable on the home network.  I have been on the phone to Virgin for about 3 hours now and they refuse to accept that it is a router problem.

I have ran a continuous 'ping' to the router from all our devices, and they all connect, via WiFi, with no issue 100% i.e. no packet loss

When I run a continuous 'ping' to google.com or BBC.co.uk, we are losing 20-30% of the data packets. From the windows devices, we lose around 0.1% of the data packets.  

Yet Virgin refuse to accept that this is a router issue.  I even tried my iPhone on a friends Virgin WiFi and again there was no issue, the data loss was at 0.1%.

Virgin Support refuse to help any further so I am going to have to cancel my Virgin account unless someone on here can help!

Russ

If you require assistance you would be as well starting your own thread.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: see your other post

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos