Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection to Sky Q

Hi,

the connection to my Sky Q box is lost more or less every other day.

If I turn the Hub3 router off and on again, the Sky Q box connects as does the Mini.

Is this normal ? 

Is there a setting that just leaves it connected ?

I have no issues with connections to any other devices, just Sky Q.

It is hard wired but does the same over the Wifi connection that I was trying before I connected with a cable. I connected with the cable as I thought that would fix the drop outs but it is the same.

Thanks

Galli

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection to Sky Q

Hi galli2017,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry you haven't been able to get support around your Sky Q box disconnecting.

I have found a discussion on the Sky forums here which may help.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, all of the posts I can see on the subject are about the Wifi connection. 

I did away with that a long time ago and have my kit hard wired. Still get the same issue. Only between the Hub 3 and Sky Q, nothing else and we have many other devices connected.

I have tried many things to get the system to reconnect and in the end, the most effective is to simply turn the Hub 3 off and on again. That in turn disconnects everything else in the house, no big deal really, could do without the hassle though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi galli2017,

Thank you for coming back to me and for the update, I understand this is really frustrating, I wish I could give you a fix, unfortunately with it being a 3rd party box and no other issue our hands are tied.

We do provide a 3rd party service however this is a chargeable service this is called Gadget Rescue, you can find out more around this service here .

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul.

I feel that I give enough money to Virgin already without paying their "fixit" team even more. If their Hub 3 is not compatible with some , as you call it, 3rd party devices, I expect them to assist in sorting that out, this is not an obscure device, it's the latest Sky Q box - a competitor to Virgin TV. They seem to have no interest if helping to sort this, which seems reasonable on one hand since they have no benefit with making their equipment work with a competitor device . If they are uninterested, then I will go elsewhere.

The reason I went with Virgin is that we only had copper cables in my road. Recently, Open Reach installed fibre optics, so I can go anywhere for my broadband and still maintain a reasonable speed.

If the issue continues, I will go elsewhere just as soon as the contract is up. The "service" being provided is not really fit for purpose.

Thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us.

We wouldn't like to see you leave over this. As Paul said, as you're having no other issues with your broadband connection that we provide, we'd struggle to help with this one.

Have you tested all the cables to make sure everything is secure and connected properly?

Have you tried performing a factory reset? This is done by poking a paperclip or similar into the pinhole labelled RESET for at least 20 seconds. Please bear in mind that any settings or passwords would revert to their default and disconnect any wireless device.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Customer support is getting beyond a joke.  It’s a common item and he’s a customer you should offer all reasonable support.  If Corbyn gets in your going to loose so many customers it’s unreal, why not because of the product but because of the poor equipment and worse customer service.  NTL, and Diamond Cable previously used to care about customers Virgin Haven’t done that for many years! 

0 Kudos