Menu
Rachelh5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection lost from Hub 3 in modem mode and Netgear router

Hi there, yesterday all devices in my home lost connection to internet via wifi, and we’ve been offline ever since. We have a Hub3 set up as a modem and a Netgear nighthawk 7000 router which has so far been much more reliable than the Hub on its own. It is possible to get online with a wired connection through the Hub3, and to connect to the wifi signal from the router, but none of us are getting an internet connection via wifi.

I’ve tried powering all devices off and on, resetting them, restarting the devices, checking for firmware updates for the net gear, unwiring the router and trying the hub 3 on its own, and experimented a bit with IP/DNS configuration but am stuck. Maybe the router has failed? Many thanks for any advice! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection lost from Hub 3 in modem mode and Netgear router

Have you tried the Hub 3 in router mode to see if a WiFi connection is broadcasted and can be connected to/internet browsed whilst on it? If so then maybe best trying to factory restore the Netgear or reflashing firmware?

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection lost from Hub 3 in modem mode and Netgear router

@Rachelh5 wrote:

Maybe the router has failed? Many thanks for any advice! 

this seems possible - if you are unable to see the wireless broadcast from the netgear.. maybe a factory reset will help, who knows. if it's still in warranty, contact netgear.

0 Kudos