Menu
neilmacadam
Settling in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection issues Hub 4

I know others have posted but thus far I have not seen an answer that has solved my issues so...

I upgraded to the Virgin Hub 4 and ever since I have been having issues with devices dropping internet connections. They are connected to the hub but either show no internet, or whilst surfing, drop the connection. 

Customer Services tested and made some changes to my router today but to no avail. My phone keeps dropping the internet connection and my wife's laptop connects intermittently.

I'm paying £62 a month for a 500mb package and it isn't even stable let alone  registering anything like 500mb. (330 is the best i have seen)

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated as Virgin tell me "everything looks fine from our end."

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection issues Hub 4

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
neilmacadam
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router status
Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream
Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

router status
Network LogTime Priority Description
Tue Apr 27 11:06:08 20216CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Apr 27 11:14:07 20213SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Apr 27 11:14:11 20215Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Apr 27 11:15:22 20213SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Apr 27 11:15:23 20213No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Apr 27 11:15:29 20213SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Apr 27 11:15:33 20215Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Configuration

General Configuration
Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt053-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is this happening to wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
neilmacadam
Settling in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wireless connections - my wire devices appear to be stable

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@neilmacadam wrote:

Wireless connections - my wire devices appear to be stable

Then you need to try and optimise the hubs (poor) Wifi output or put the hub into modem mode and attach your own router or mesh system.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi neilmacadam, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your wireless connection. 

I have taken a look at the account and our diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for connection drop-outs. There are no open faults in your area either.

As you have specifically mentioned this is happening on your wireless network try these tips and hints to help optimise your network. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos