Menu
DrJones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection dropping regularly

Morning! Seems to be a common problem, but... connection speeds generally very good, working on wired/WIFI and multiple devices. But in recent weeks internet drops out 10+ times a day. Checked logs and a load of T3, T4 errors. I don't think I'm the only person in my postcode (CB24 5**) having this issue. What should I do? Reboot of the Hub seems to have worked this morning, but I know from experience that will be a temporary fix.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection dropping regularly

First job is, to check for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
DrJones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks - that's really useful. By an enormous stroke of luck, I spotted someone with a very nearby postcode moaning on the VM Twitter this morning, so something is definitely afoot. Have copied down your advice - part of the issue is being offline when the problem hits, obviously! - and will give them a call when it happens again.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The 08.00 is automated and unmanned - it just gives details of known issues in your location

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DrJones
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I gave it a call...interestingly, it consistently reports that 'improvement' is happening on my service and that it will be resolved by 2pm... Spoke to Virgin, apparently there is a fault, and will be fixed by the 12th Feb. I'm not holding my breath!

0 Kudos