Menu
paddydog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Connection drop outs

My superhub 3 keeps dropping connection. It starts dropping out for a moment every few minutes then increasing regularly.

Have done the usual trouble shooting: restart, full reset, check with multiple devices, etc. Nothing solving it and it causing me major problems for working from home, drops outs while presenting Teams/Zoom calls, VPN keeps dropping and so on.

Went though the various online checks, all claim everything works; went though the phone process, that just asked me to restart again. I have restarted the hub dozens of time in the last few weeks and the issue is recurring each time, more recently after a few hours and today it did not go away at all after a reboot.

I would really like to have sensible conversation with someone, not get redirected to a call centre which blindly makes me walk though the same trouble shooting I have already done. Can I get a call back from someone?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection drop outs

Is it on WiFi, Ethernet or both?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
paddydog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

All machines on wifi

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can you test an ethernet device to see if that is still working?

My hub did this BTW - Just WiFi - al devices at the same time for anywhere between 20 seconds to 3 minutes!

I ended up filling in an online complaint form and telling the nice lady who called me back (within 2 days) that it was just WiFi and all of them at the same time and that ethernet was fine

VM Sent out a new hub 3 which solved this issue.

I still ended up getting my own router though as the Hubs are notoriously bad it would seem from a routing angle - fine as modems but terrible for WiFi.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
paddydog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I could but it's a pain. 

I have set up the broadband monitor, same thing you have in you signature. It has been running a couple of hours and I can already see dropped packets. I had a constant ping running in the background and the dropped packets I can see on that roughly match the drops on the external monitor.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Post the live share to the BQM

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
paddydog
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How do I actually contact someone? Where is the complaint form? The phone won't let me through, it just boots me off after telling me to reboot.

As helpful as you people are, I want to talk to someone from VM.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You’ve posted on a community forum.

If you want to speak to a rep you can call in or wait 5-10 days for a forum rep to reply here and not bump your thread.

But they’ll also likely ask for the BQM link so it’s worth  just posting it now anyway 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paddydog, 

Thanks for your post, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues. I have managed to locate your account and everything looked fine, I would suggest as @gary_dexter has suggested we would need to see a BQM graph so we can look at your dropouts, you can set on up here  

Zoie

0 Kudos
paddydog
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

2021-05-04_10h26_39.png

The connection was awful yesterday afternoon and evening again. I assume due to the excessive latency.

0 Kudos