Menu
TAW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connection down

Hello,

Last night the internet was slow, so I rebooted the router and it failed to reconnect.  Multiple restarts of it have been done but still fails to connect.  No reports of any service issues in this area  Details below!

ds1.pngus1.pnglog.png

0 Kudos
TAW
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection down

Well, to counterbalance all the doom stories about calling customer services and long wait times...I called and they answered in around 20-30 seconds, and an engineer is booked for tomorrow. Neat.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Excellent. The Up power levels are all at their max and struggling - hence the T3's. The Tech will probably want to swap your old SH2 for a Hub3 and balance the power levels.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
TAW
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Did they ever fix most/all of the issues they intially had with the SH3? Like the latency spikes. That was partially the reason I clung on to this SH2.
0 Kudos
cholloway
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Really? What number please? They never pick up 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@cholloway wrote:

Really? What number please? They never pick up 

150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - calling at 08.00 is the best time... but...

See message 2 in this thread from today....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connection-down/td-p/4591887

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@TAW wrote:
Thanks. Did they ever fix most/all of the issues they intially had with the SH3? Like the latency spikes. That was partially the reason I clung on to this SH2.

Me too - my lad threatened me with fearful vengance if I ever connected -  "that piece of Puma6 xxxxx"  😎

Took 'em a year or more but finally the firmware changes have sorted it - at least there are no longer posts from complaining gamers!

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
TAW
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was 0345 454 1111, must have got lucky.
0 Kudos
TAW
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, it was fixed Saturday. He said upstream (and everything else) was in spec and just swapped SH2 for SH3 and it's working again. So maybe the SH2 isn't up to the task thesedays?
0 Kudos