Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection doesnt reach other rooms

So we had wifi installed last week and have extremely limited wifi, it does not extend to any other room than where the router is. 

We were told the wifi would reach all rooms (M200 Fibre Broadband), there are three of us working from home so this is essential, I have had no contact from anyone at VM to help solve this problem. We were originally told that it was an issue in our area SW12 however this has no been fixed, however, this has made no difference to our connection strength.  

Considering we live in a flat in central London you would have expected that it would reach all the rooms. Considering all your call centers are now shut due to lockdown, I am extremely dissatisfied with the service. 

I don't know if we need an engineer to come and fix the issue or if you can supply an explanation for why this is happening but this is extremely stressful and annoying.

If someone could please reply asap I would be extremely grateful, considering we are currently paying for a service that is useless. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection doesnt reach other rooms

No one can guarantee wifi speeds and connectivity etc.

They won't send engineers for wifi issues.

Are you having any problems with cabled devices as well?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gary's right - their T&C's clearly state that the only guarantees are for service spedds "to" the Hub and connection via an ethernet cable connection.

Can you test it like that and see if its giving the stability and speeds in the guaranteed range.

If it isn't come back here for more advice.

If it is then you are left with the likelihood that it's just a wifi issue, again come back here and we can suggest some things to try.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's Virgins Hub 3 that you have I assume?

It's awful for signal reach. I only got close to the advertised speeds when I was within a metre of the router, as I moved away from that distance the signal very quickly lost strength. Seriously it is awful over any reasonable distance.

I ended up spending well over £100 on a mesh network and putting the router into modem mode. I get signal everywhere now. Sky was great for signal strength, due to the boxes creating a mesh network and their router being better in general, but Virgin are better for speed - if you pay extra for decent network coverage in your home. Unless you get constant connectivity issues like so many customers, of course.

Good luck!

0 Kudos