Menu
Reply
PaulH4
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Tuning in
283 Views
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Connection cuts when in heavy use

Hello!

For a while now my internet has been completely cutting out for approximately 10-30 seconds any time I subject it to any form of heavy use. This heavy use can include things such as online gaming (some games having a worse affect than others) and, more concerningly, certain online software which I require while working from home. This issue is not very consistent, though there is an undeniable correlation to running these programs as it only happens when I run a program which demands a significant amount of bandwidth.

I am using a Hub 3 and have a 100Mb connection. The hub is directly connected to my PC via ethernet cable so wireless blackspots are not a concern. When these short blackouts happen I get no lights flashing or anything like that on the hub, it just maintains the standard yellow "on" light. I have tried numerous reboots, factory resets, tried with the firewall on/off, and tried both with and without a 10dB Forward Path Attenuator which was already installed when I moved into this building. (The issue did seem to happen less frequently with the attenuator, however this could just be a coincidence as it was still happening frequently either way.)

There are no connection issues in my area and both the power to the hub and the devices I am using are fine, meaning that the only possibility is that there is an issue with my hub or how it is set up. I am unsure how to proceed from here, and the phone help has been unsuccessful at resolving this issue. I can provide any additional information such as anything from the router status page if needed.

Of course having to work from home now has turned this from an annoyance to a serious issue as it means I am not able to properly work from home. If I am not able to find a resolution in a reasonable amount of time then I may have no course of action besides changing ISP.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Reply
charles-x-chen
  • 4
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
267 Views
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use

I got same problems starting only recently and no one at virgin media seem to actively try to help, which is disappointing to say the least. Changing ISP might be an option as I am also concerned about my working from home still going for a long time...
gary_dexter
  • 28.96K
  • 1.77K
  • 3.79K
Alessandro Volta
263 Views
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text please 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
gary_dexter
  • 28.96K
  • 1.77K
  • 3.79K
Alessandro Volta
261 Views
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use


@charles-x-chen wrote:
I got same problems starting only recently and no one at virgin media seem to actively try to help, which is disappointing to say the least. Changing ISP might be an option as I am also concerned about my working from home still going for a long time...

Please start your own thread for assistance 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
charles-x-chen
  • 4
  • 0
  • 1
Tuning in
257 Views
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use

I have already started a new thread but no one answered. All answer I got from you are either “starting your new thread” or “send the log from router admin” which I have already done.
0 Kudos
Reply
PaulH4
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Tuning in
255 Views
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

1331000000-4.738256 qam25
2203000000-3.438256 qam9
3211000000-3.738256 qam10
4219000000-3.938256 qam11
5227000000-438256 qam12
6235000000-4.538256 qam13
7243000000-538256 qam14
8251000000-5.738256 qam15
9259000000-6.438256 qam16
10267000000-5.538256 qam17
11275000000-5.438256 qam18
12283000000-5.438256 qam19
13291000000-5.238256 qam20
14299000000-4.538256 qam21
15307000000-4.538256 qam22
16315000000-538256 qam23
17323000000-538256 qam24
18371000000-637256 qam26
19379000000-737256 qam27
20387000000-7.237256 qam28
21395000000-7.437256 qam29
22403000000-7.237256 qam30
23411000000-7.237256 qam31
24419000000-737256 qam32

 

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked3535610
2Locked35.7300
3Locked35.5690
4Locked35.7370
5Locked35.52830
6Locked35.53610
7Locked3513180
8Locked34.475440
9Locked34.3360790
10Locked34.3119610
11Locked3538480
12Locked3513370
13Locked34.935840
14Locked34.963110
15Locked3517440
16Locked34.924730
17Locked34.928130
18Locked33.9845930
19Locked338918280
20Locked336464920
21Locked336281720
22Locked33.33782090
23Locked339298540
24Locked33.36236690

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

13260000050.3512064 qam5
23940000050.5512064 qam4
34620000051512064 qam3
45370000051512064 qam2

 

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0020
3ATDMA0010
4ATDMA0000

 

0 Kudos
Reply
PaulH4
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Tuning in
254 Views
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use

Network Log

Time Priority Description

18/01/2021 00:10:37criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:36Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:32criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:31Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:31criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 19:17:20criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 14:35:44noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 13:49:52criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 12:52:58noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:59:49criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:46criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:43Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:42Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:42criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:42Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:38criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

 

As far as I can tell there is no sign of these issues on the network log, for reference the last time I saw these issues was between 22:00 and 23:30 tonight. I saw 3 connection drops in that time span while testing my connection by running an online game which frequently causes this issue.

0 Kudos
Reply
gary_dexter
  • 28.96K
  • 1.77K
  • 3.79K
Alessandro Volta
247 Views
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use


@charles-x-chen wrote:
I have already started a new thread but no one answered. All answer I got from you are either “starting your new thread” or “send the log from router admin” which I have already done.

You haven’t. All your posts are replies to other people’s threads. 


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Reply
gary_dexter
  • 28.96K
  • 1.77K
  • 3.79K
Alessandro Volta
246 Views
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use


@PaulH4 wrote:

Network Log

Time Priority Description

18/01/2021 00:10:37criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:36Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:32criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:31Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/01/2021 00:10:31criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 19:17:20criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 14:35:44noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 13:49:52criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 12:52:58noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:59:49criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:46criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:43Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:58:39criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:42Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:42criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:42Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
17/01/2021 01:43:38criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

 

As far as I can tell there is no sign of these issues on the network log, for reference the last time I saw these issues was between 22:00 and 23:30 tonight. I saw 3 connection drops in that time span while testing my connection by running an online game which frequently causes this issue.


Your upstream levels are too high and your downstream levels are too low.

Unless there’s an area issue you’ll need an engineer visit.


*****
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
PaulH4
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
Tuning in
241 Views
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection cuts when in heavy use

Thank you! I had a feeling that it might have been related to that.

How do I go about requesting an engineer visit at the moment? I have looked into requesting one before but can't seem to figure out how, and I feared that home visits might not be possible right now.

0 Kudos
Reply