Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connection bouncing for Sky Q box

New customer, moved and swapped sky broadband for VM fibre with a hub3. Still using the Sky Q box and have used the VM connect app to scan rooms and have a great WiFi signal/connection from the living room where as the router is maybe 15 metre away in the kitchen, can't really move it anymore and haven't been offered an engineer to recable since tool over a line, but despite the signal being great Ivan see the Sky Q's connection to the router disconnecting and reconnecting continually, been watching it for 10/15 mins with no sign of it stopping. What can I do

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection bouncing for Sky Q box

The main Q box or a mini box?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The main Sky Q box. And subsequently the mini box as afaik it uses the mesh that the main Sky Q box creates from the VM WiFi connection

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried wiring the sky box direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't have 15mtr Lan cable tbh and I'd have hoped having a great signal I wouldn't need to

Screenshot_20201116-204602.png

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@edgardave2011 wrote:

I don't have 15mtr Lan cable tbh and I'd have hoped having a great signal I wouldn't need to

Screenshot_20201116-204602.png

15 metres? As in nigh-on 45 foot?

It depends what the wireless chip is in the sky q and I’m guessing not a good one (plus it uses the slower 2.4Ghz band).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi edgardave2011,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for the late reply, can you confirm if this is still an issue?

Do you have any other devices are around the home that can be moved onto a wired connection?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I believe the issue was with cabling. I've had to but extextention cables and WiFi boosters to get all working throughout the house but I was told an engineer should be visiting as the cabling is a mess coming into the house. The normal box in the house does not work and a working cable not into a VM box seems to have the live connection but is not in the correct place. How do I get this changed/checked by an engineer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me edgardave2011,

I've arranged an engineer to come and take a look, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos