Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connecting to 'Virgin Media' hotspot using a MacBook Pro

Sitting in the garden, but out of range of my home's personal Virgin wi-fi, I'm picking-up 'Virgin Media' loud and clear on my wireless list. I'm using a MacBook Pro (running Sierra 10.12.6) - can I connect to this Virgin Media hotspot - if so, how?  The Virgin hotspot app only appears to work on phones and iPads.  All advice and handy hints gratefully received. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to 'Virgin Media' hotspot using a MacBook Pro

Yes you can

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Gary - that's reassuring - are you able to tell me how I can connect....?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi GChesterman

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Using the Connect app would be the best way to do this, you can find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John but, alas, this app only works for iPhones and iPads - I'm using a MacBook Pro laptop.

I could easily log into BT hotspots (when I was their customer until moving to Virgin) but not Virgin ones.   😞

Gordon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. When you attempt to connect to the network what does it advise?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Martin,

Many thanks for taking an interest in my wi-fi woes.

When I click on 'Virgin Media' wi-fi signal (using my MacBook Pro in the garden, that shows a very strong wi-fi signal for 'Virgin Media') I get a little box telling me it requires 'WPA2 enterprise credentials' (whatever these are!) and it asks me for my 'username' and my Password.  

When trying to download the Virgin Connect app from the Apple site, it simply says it is only for iPhones and iPads...

There must be hundreds of Virgin customers only with laptops wanting to connect to the Virgin hotspots. Surely there must be a method of doing so?

Thanks again, Gordon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. What I need to do is take this away and look into this further. 

Once I have more information I will let you know. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi GChesterman,

Thank you for waiting for my response. I have been off to this investigate this. 

I have been advised that due to being unable to download the connect app on to your Mac Book you wouldn't be able to access the Hot Spot. 

Our apologies for this. Are you able to connect to your WiFi from outside your property? 

^Martin

0 Kudos