Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connected with no Internet

What does 'Connected with no Internet' actually relate to?  This has been happening more and more across several devices in recent weeks.

Is it likely to be a problem with intermittent virgin connection or an issue with the pretty poor hub4?

We have devolo magic next 2 powerline/mesh adapters plugged into the router with an adapter upstairs and downstairs.  It should be more than sufficient, but no we still get the Internet dropping out.  This is on phones, ipad and laptop so can't be to do with the devices.  Laptop usually have to run a diagnostic and its something to do with an adapter it fixes all the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connected with no Internet

Does a wired connection work and not drop out?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The router is not in a position for me to wire devices into it and work from.  When I did a wired speedtest it was fine, but I would need to work wired for the day to test it properly which is not feasible 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then it makes testing difficult.

You can try factory resetting the hub and seeing if that helps. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Done that several times 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi GaryGorilla

Thanks for posting and apologies for the broadband issues.

I've had a check on the system today and we cannot seem to get any results from the modem. Is the modem turned off at present?

Let us know if you need further assistance 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No its not turned off.  Apparently the engineer says its because its a hub4 you can't see it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll be honest I've not heard of that. Is the internet working today?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos