cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected, no internet

Danny10
Joining in

Hello,

Wondering if anyone could help. Engineer came out this morning to install our virgin router and installed everything. It was working fine but now it's just showing an orange light and I can't connect to the internet. I've tried resetting it and turning it on and off but no luck. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the base light flashing at all?

Try the pinhole reset again this way....

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).
Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible If not – DON’T DO IT !
With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub
See if that sorts it.

If not see if a known fault has developed - try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty (08.00 is the best time [09.00 - Sun]) or wait here a day or so for a VM person

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Danny10,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your internet.

I have checked the system, I can see that everything is showing green (Which means all okay) Can you tell me how it is for you now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, and thanks for the response. I'm still not able to connect to the internet. The light is still an orange (ish) colour.

Hmm that is very strange. The white light on the hub (the one which indicates a stable connection to the internet) may show a yellow or orangey tinge - this is nothing to worry about. Everything all appears to be connected on this end too. 

Do you perhaps have a picture of the hub you can post here so we can double check that the lights are showing as they should? 

I'd also recommend trying a factory reset on the hub - to do this, you just need to stick a pin into the pinhole at the back of the hub for at least 30 seconds.

Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Beth