cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app wont find hub 5

michael2020
Joining in

I have tried to find my hub 5 through the connect app but keep getting a message that it can’t find it. I have had the hub for a few months now. Turned off VPN but that made no difference. Any ideas welcome please. 

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

The Hub must be in Router mode for the VM Connect app to work.

Have you reinstalled the VM Connect app since the Hub 5 arrived ?

You can always manage the Hub via its menu at http://192.168.0.1/

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your phone must be on the same WiFi as the Hub, without any VPN’s or Relays.  Also you could try reinstalling the App and deleting any cached connections.  I tried the App once and uninstalled it as it served no useful function to me. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @michael2020

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble using the Connect App. Has the advice offered so far in this thread helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, I tried uninstalling the app and downloaded again but still won’t find the hub. Thanks. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try calling the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post @michael2020.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to follow the advice offered by @Adduxi in response to your post?

If so, please can you provide us with an update?

Thanks,

David_Bn

michael2020
Joining in

I phoned up Virgin and they are posting me a booster so will see if that helps. 

Hi michael2020, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that it is now connecting, can you reboot the hub and reinstall the app to see if anything changes?

Are you still having issues with this since posting. 

Kind regards, Chris.