cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app won't scan

G7ivp
Tuning in

I've reset everything, turned off mobile data and forgotten the network and reconnected to the wifi but the app keeps coming back to the screen that tells me I need to be connected to wifi to do a scan. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi G7ivp, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

G7ivp
Tuning in
I checked the network settings on the app, they were ok, tried again and it worked!

After reading some of the other posts I am not too confident in the survey of the house but at least it showed 'Great' in all the rooms with a range of 19 Mbps to 32 Mbps, Download, and 4 Mbps to 5 Mbps, Upload. My connection is only 50 Mbps.

I did the survey on a Samsung J6 (2018) running Android 10,

Hi G7ivp, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I’m having this very issue can anyone help? 

I’ve followed all of your advice Kath_F
Forum Team. 
this still will not scan can you please advise further? 

thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Suziie,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Connect App.

Can you please reset your Hub and try again to see if this can resolve the issue?

Have you tried the Connect App through a different device? Let us know so we can help further.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

It was my phone's VPN, thanks for the suggestion.

Hi

I have this issue.  Have done all resets etc but now the connect app can't even find the hub.   Up to now it couldn't find the Pods just.

Hey 1701-e, We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

Thanks, 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?