Menu
Almedia
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connect app “Something’s not right” error message

Is there anyone out there who is familiar with this error message within the Connect app?

For me, the app has been working very well on my iPhone XS Max (iOS 13.3.1) and indeed I helped trial the beta version so I am very familiar with its limitations.  I had scanned my rooms and it was correctly showing my iPhone connected to my VM WiFi Booster when within range along with my Hub 3 connected devices and TIVO V6 box.

I always keep my apps updated to the latest versions.

One day, at the beginning of February, I opened the app and selected ‘Broadband’ but now I only see, “Something’s not right” along with, “It looks like someone else is signed into the settings area of your Hub” which is rubbish. Despite rebooting my Hub 3 several times and deleting and reinstalling the Connect app more than once, I cannot get rid of this false error condition. My iPhone is switched off every night so clearly, the regular rebooting of devices is not the solution.

I will be very impressed if someone out there does provide me with the solution. My home network is working absolutely fine and WiFi on both bands is good but currently, the Connect app is not much use to me as it is permanently in a “Let’s get you connected” state and will not re-connect to my Hub 3.

I have seen that I am not alone with this issue. Sometimes, I am not convinced that the ‘powers that be’ take such error reports seriously when we all know the VM broadband and TV network is not perfect and does have occasional glitches. This is one of those. Thank you in advance to anyone offering useful help with this frustration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tightheed
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connect app “Something’s not right” error message

I am getting same error was ok Friday 14th until around 7pm

anyone know what the issue is yet?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Almedia,

Sorry to hear of the issues above.

Have you tried signing into the app on another device / already have other devices already signed in? 

I'd recommend changing your password via your MyVM account and signing back in again to see if that does the trick.

If not, I'll have to get an IT ticked raised for you to get this corrected.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Almedia
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Thank you for your post.  As advised on another thread, I have now performed a 'reset' on my Hub 3, followed by a power off for 60 seconds and then once the hub was back, I reinstated my WiFi settings and changed the default hub settings password to a different one to what it was before the reset procedure.  This time, on opening up the Connect app once more and entering the new settings password, it seems to be working fine again finally so I do appreciate your kind help with this.

The app is displaying my devices slightly differently now in that my VM WiFi Booster, although is functioning correctly, it is not showing as a separate item along with Hub 3 and the TIVO V6 box.  Previously, if my iPhone was connected to it, there would be a sub-heading "WiFi Booster" under the "Connected" column which would display the iPhone separately but not now.  However, when I scan the rooms, it acknowledges where the WiFi Booster is connecting to my iPhone so perhaps it only shows as a separate entity if I was to re-setup my WiFi Booster via the app which I won't do as all is functioning well as things stand.  Just an observation!  Kind regards, Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information Almedia. What we will need to do is private message you so we can get this sent over to our IT Team. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sappercaptain
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Me too. Same error since 14 Feb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sappercaptain,

Thanks for your post. Can you please give us some more information, what devices are you using? Are all your apps up to date? Have you tried uninstalling it?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos