Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 41 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connect a better router (for its WIFI) to my SuperHub1

You probably have a valid point but as im getting 220mbs wifi from Hub3 and then I find the TP-Link has dropped from 200mbs when connected to the Hub2ac down to 20mbs connected to Hub3 in modem mode, it seemed redundant.  But your right I should of tested the TP-Links wired connection to make sure it was not running slow by cable too.

The Hub3 had almost as good wifi coverage as the TP-Link too, it seemed obvious to just use the Hub3.

Also I worry about connecting routers to my iMac by cable after the Virgin technician who installed the Hub 2ac blew up 2 brand new routers before he told me there was known issue with that router and I should run it in 5Ghz wifi as that would be equally as fast for the internet.  So after Virgin sent out there quick install signal rendering the 2ac router useless I was worried about connecting the hub3 and especially the TP-Link (which I owned) to my iMac by ethernet.  Didn't want to be without the net for the best part of a week waiting for a replacement box in the post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 42 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connect a better router (for its WIFI) to my SuperHub1

Many thanks Tim - but just to be clear : if you use your own router with your hub 3, does your router's wifi stay up and connected to your devices locally during a service outage, and then when service returns, does it resume connection to the wan via the hub automatically without the router being rebooted?

And I guess, as a supplementary to the above: if you don't use a separate router, does the hub 3's own wifi stay up locally during an outage and resume connection to the wan automatically when service returns, again without a reboot?

I suspect my main problem lies in the fact that if I reboot the 2ac without first disconnecting the home hubs, switches etc, the 2ac's wifi cannot handle 15 or so devices asking to be reconnected simultaneously.

Thanks, 

Graham

0 Kudos