cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App

bradzki
Tuning in

Just moved house and been set up, new router installed as engineer couldn’t get the one from old address to work, all other equipment and boxes moved from old house and set up fine.

However the Connect App doesn’t work when trying to set up through my phone keeps saying I’m not connected when we are and the WiFi is working fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again bradzki,

Have you tried either clearing the cache and cookies for the Connect app on the iPhone 12, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bradzki,

It may take a day or two for the VM systems to be updated with the MAC address/serial number for the new hub before the Connect app works.

If the engineer installed a hub 4 then the bad news is the Connect app isn't yet compatible with that hardware.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No

its a hub 3 and I can connect to the app through my iPad that works fine but not on my iPhone 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again bradzki,

Have you tried either clearing the cache and cookies for the Connect app on the iPhone 12, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Done all that still get message saying  not connected, must be iPhone issue as it worked fine on iPad. 

Can anyone from Virgin help me please

Hi bradzski,

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear you've been having issues with the Connect App since moving home.

When you move your services to a new address, a new account will be created for you and so you'll either need to create a new My Virgin Media account or have both your old and new accounts merged so you can continue using your existing log in details to sign into your new account. You'll use the same credentials to access the Connect App, so it's possible that you're still using your old details.

Can you please confirm if you've created a new My Virgin Media account or had the accounts? If not, that's most likely the cause of the issue and something we can sort for you from here.

Let us know

Beth

Beth

Nothing to do with account I have signed in fine on my iPad with my old credentials and the connect app is working fine all my details are the same in my account apart from account number but I sign in just the same as before.

The app just won’t work on my iPhone 12 Pro says im not connected when I clearly am and doesn’t even give me the option to sign in. 

Hi @bradzki,

You will likely be able to log in with your old credentials, but they will be assigned to your old address and your services there. If you're at a new address, you'll have a new account with new credentials for your new property and the services there.

As my colleague has advised, please use the credentials for the account at your new home and then try the app. If the issues persist once you've done that, let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

jeez I have only been given a new account number not any new credentials I was told everything else stayed the same and I can log in as normal which I can on my iPad.

the issue is on my iPhone it doesn’t even give me the option to log in so I can’t even put in new credentials if I had them it just won’t connect to the hub or recognise it.