cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App not working.

sonofken
Tuning in

Virgin installed a new router, now I can no longer use the Connect app, won’t find my router. Followed all the instructions, just keeps getting the same result. Any ideas? 

16 REPLIES 16

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sonofken 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your connect app.

Have you attempted to re-install the app and rescan for the new hub?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, followed the instructions and just get the ‘we are unable to find your hub’ message. It’s annoying because I’m using phone that is connected to the hub wifi, to actually post this hahaha. 

IMG_2046.png

Blair1900
Tuning in

Having the same thing!

It’s a poor show. 

Hi @sonofken, we're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

Has there been any change since you last posted? 

Also, what type of device are you using? Is it an Apple or an Android?

Regards,
Daniel

No change at all, not 100% sure how my phone can be connected to the hub, yet the app can’t find the hub? It’s an IPhone. 

Hi @sonofken 

Thanks for your response

Can you also perform a full factory reset of the hub to see if this now allows the app to identify the hub on the network please?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

Make sure your iPhone is connected to the 5.0ghz network of your router.  I found that the app on my iPhone when connected to the 2.4ghz network would not find the router, but found it when on the 5.0ghz network.

Just a thought, might be worth trying.

Kind Regards,

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

How do I make sure I’m connected to the 5 and not the 2? I don’t have it set up as two separate ssid.