forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
CraigHealdpoint
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connect App not reporting connection speeds

When I signed up to Virgin, I was told about the Broadband Speed Guarantee, and was told that I could monitor my connection speeds all around the house using the Connect App.

However, when I use the App, all it says is "Great" - your connection is fine, even though when I use third party Speed checkers it is down as 30 Mb/s (I am signed on to 100 Mb/s).

Either:

1.  How do I get the App to report the actual speeds? or

2.  Which third party sites do Virgin accept as evidence that I am not getting what I am paying for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connect App not reporting connection speeds

@CraigHealdpoint wrote:

2.  Which third party sites do Virgin accept as evidence that I am not getting what I am paying for?

Dont know anything about the connect app.. but the only evidence VM will accept for an underperforming connection is a wired one - wifi speeds are not included in the speed guarantee..

0 Kudos
CraigHealdpoint
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tehwolf.

It looks like I'll have to connect my Laptop direct to the router - Does anyone know if there are any Speedchecker sites that they are more likely to accept?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed guarantee applies to speeds delivered to the hub and wired speeds only. Not Wifi.

Virgin will monitor the speed to the hub if you contact them and invoke the speed guarantee clause.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos