Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App - Not finding devices

Drendon
Tuning in

85871173-959D-4157-BC52-1168813899A6.jpeg

0639498D-D96C-4409-A0EF-A1ED25EA14CF.png

I have a Hub 5, and when first installed - I could run speed tests and see all connected devices. 

Now I can’t do either. When I try to run a test, it goes to a troubleshooting page telling me I have to be connected to the WiFi first - yet I already am. 

11 REPLIES 11

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Drendon, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your Hub.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home Wi-Fi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a different Wi-Fi network, Guest network on your own Wi-Fi, VPN, or mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

I’m on iOS16.6 and the experiencing the same issues even after following your steps. 

I’m on the WiFi and not using a VPN but the App thinks I’m not and won’t allow me to do a scan. 

IMG_7074.jpeg

Client62
Legend

Turn off all forms of VPN / Proxy / Apple Private Browsing tools.

Hi Drendon,

Thanks for getting back to us, can you confirm if you've done what Client62 has advised? Could you also try a pin-hole reset of the hub?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

I have completed a pinhole reset, I am connected to the WiFi, and I am not on any VPN or private browsing. 

Client62
Legend

https://whatismyipaddress.com/     check this returns the ISP as Virgin Media Limited.

Drendon
Tuning in

For additional context:

• The App has now discovered 6 devices which were recently installed in the house and use WiFi but still does not see the other devices in the house
  • I’m unable to complete a room scan, as it still does not think I’m at home

Client62
Legend

Login to the Hub at http://192.168.0.1/ and take a look at the "Connected devices" page, are all the devices listed there ?

Yes. For context, VM Connect is showing 7 devices, whereas I can see 17 connected devices on 192.168.0.1