cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting settings

dunne6
Tuning in

Hi

Can anyone offer advice on the following? Please presume zero technical knowledge on my part!

1. Red light permanently on Hub 3. Is on an open shelf. Have done numerous restatrts/resets including sticking a cocktail stick in it! Doesn't feel hot?

2. Nightmare trying to pair items e.g. chromecast as on my i phone the wi-fi shows twice. Once as 'Virgin Media' and the as VM **********. Hard trying to connect chromecast to one when wi fi is on another setting.

3. Are 1. and 2. related in some way?

4. The website suggested I book an Enginner's visit. Should I do this? I have an IT ticket number but nothing has changed in last few days. The webchat keeps disconnecting also and takes hours to get through.

Help!

TIA

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dunne6,

Glad we could have that private chat to go about booking a technician to come replace your Hub, do let us know how the appointment goes and if we can do anything further.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

1) Red Light - connect to the Hub at http://192.168.0.1/ login to the menus with the 8 DIGIT password and run the Hub's Diagnostics, if the Hub Temperature is reported as high that is a concern.

2) "Virgin Media" is a public hot spot - ignore this.  Connect your device to the VMxxxxxxx Wi-Fi service.

3) Related only in they both come from the Hub, the Virgin Media hotspots are will all be retired by end of Nov this year.  Hot spots are being phased out now having plenty of mobile data is the norm.

4)  In your situation I'd have the Hub 3 replaced before it can overheat and fail causing an outage.

We avoid WebChat - speaking to a robot answer service is a massive waste of time.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dunne6,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, if after performing reboots you are still having this issue we would recommend have a technician booked in.

I would be able to do this for you, I would need to confirm some information to book it through, for me to do this I will just need to invite you in for a quick private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dunne6,

Glad we could have that private chat to go about booking a technician to come replace your Hub, do let us know how the appointment goes and if we can do anything further.

Joe