cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting settings message on virgin media connect app

mw02
Joining in

Like others I am getting the conflicting  settings message in the Connect app.  Nothing has changed in my configuration and the app worked fine a while ago.  Has anybody out there successfully resolved the issue?

3 REPLIES 3

EasyTV
Joining in

The "Conflicting settings" message on the Virgin Media Connect app typically appears when there are conflicting settings on the app and on the router. This can happen when the router settings have been modified manually, or when the app is not able to connect to the router. To resolve the issue, you should check the settings on the router and ensure that they match the settings on the app. You may also need to reset the router or the app and reconfigure the settings.

In addition to checking and matching the settings, one should also check the connectivity between the router and the device running the app. Make sure that your device is connected to the same network as your router. If you're connected to a different network, disconnect and reconnect to the desired network. Additionally, ensure that your router is properly set up and has the latest firmware update.

Another solution could be to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. This will often fix any bugs or glitches that may be causing the conflict. Additionally, check your device for any software updates and install them if available.

If all of the above steps fail, then you can try resetting the router to its factory settings and then reconfiguring the settings on both the router and the app. This should resolve the issue if it is caused by any incorrect settings or configurations.

If you are still experiencing the issue and none of the above steps work, you should contact Virgin Media customer support for further assistance. They will be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps and help you resolve the issue.

There’s clearly a fault in the software as I am having exactly the same problem! 

Client62
Legend

We have ditched the flawed VM Connect app and manage the Hub via  http://192.168.0.1/