Menu
Smoozey
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Computers can't find network?

We had some issues with our hub about a week ago, and since then neither of my windows laptops can find the network (phones, tablet and chromebook all find it no problems) the network just doesn't appear on the list of available networks. There is one that is named just Virgin Media that is new, but it asks for a username and password, not my network password from the hub, and my Virgin Media name and password doesn't work to connect. 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Computers can't find network?

You haven't inadvertently hidden the SSIDs have you? (Not sure if this can happen with the Hub) I know with 3rd party routers you can hide the Network!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Smoozey
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't see how, I can't see a way to access it in order to hide it. It's just weird that it is just the Windows computers and not anything else.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you boot the PC into safe mode can you see the network?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Smoozey
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After a ton of updates, it can see the network bit still won't connect, an x appears by the network name, and when you click to connect it says 'some information has changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection' and asks for the network security key, so I put in the network password but it still says it can't connect to the network. 

0 Kudos
goslow
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Use the option in Windows to 'forget' the wireless network you cannot access and then re-join/re-renter the password again.

0 Kudos