cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely unable to make any contact due to closed email

Throwaway1917
Joining in

Hi, I signed up for my contract using a student email which is now closed as I have graduated. This means I can't find my memorable word to get through to a human on the phone, and I also can't use the online chat service because it won't open (for some reason). I need to cancel my contract as I'm moving out this weekend but there's literally no way for me to get through to a human being at all as far as I can tell. Has anyone got a solution that lets me talk to a person? It's not a complicated issue.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few things to try...

Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Try now, but calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there or the Sales team 0800 953 5353 

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--- RE. CANCELLATION -

You cancel with 30 days notice - see this....

See the link -
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

Try the online cancellation form first
https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/broadband-tv-and-landline?openExternal=true

Or call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on… 020 3743 6947 or 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - - or some have used 020 3743 6947 - but no guarantee of getting through on these either though

2. Cancel In writing (best way!) to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or or it will cause all sorts of issues you dont want.
---------------------
Send the letter by Royal Mail Guaranteed delivery and save a copy along with the proof of sending and the proof of delivery with signature.
Some information on cancelling & early disconnection fees are here...
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Throwaway1917,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you are wanting to leave us and have been having this issue, can you confirm have you been able to go about cancelling your account with us now or are you still experiencing the same issue?

Joe