Menu
Fedup26
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Completely Disconnected

A technician came to my house yesterday to fix a fault and cut my cable connection to the street while carrying out tests. Said that a new cable needs to be laid in the street which he cannot do - fine.

PROMISES me that someone will come install a new cable tomorrow (today) and left me completely disconnected from the network with the cut cable. Nobody came today. I call virgin and they tell me no work order has been raised for someone to come!!

I keep getting passed through from one person to another on the call and eventually someone says someone can come fix the problem but not until Monday (it was 4pm Thursday at this time). After I said this is not acceptable he transferred me to his manager but the call dropped out (as often does when I am on the phone to Virgin). I warned him before he made the transfer that this has happened to me many times, still, no call back within 10 minutes of being disconnected...

So I call again... this time the person in the faults team says that because of covid nothing can be booked!!!! So I am currently left with no connection to the network and no idea of when I will be reconnected...

It is 8pm Thursday 29 April today and I have been without internet since 8pm Thursday 22 April. One week working from home, hotspotting off my phone! I'm talking about complete service loss since that Thursday, not just intermittent service/slow service - I have nothing...

What am I to do!?!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Completely Disconnected

Register the loss of service online 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Fedup26
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for the response. Where can I find the registration for loss of service online?

I was searching for something like this before posting on here and couldn't find anything...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number with key press - if its a known issue.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Fedup26

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

I am so sorry to hear that a technician accidentally cut the cable connection in your street and that you have been without services for over a week. That is not the high standard of service we aim to provide at all. Please do take a look at our compensation policy as you have experienced a total loss of services here.

I would like to access your account to arrange an appointment for the cable to be fixed for you. I will send you a private message now, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Once again, I am so sorry you have experienced this total loss of service.

We will get everything back up and running for you asap,

Serena

0 Kudos
Fedup26
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Someone will be coming to fix the problem on 5 May, but this should really have been a next day high importance job. I really am not happy as I still remain without internet or TV media service.

In my 6 months with Virgin I have spend over 100 hours on the phone tying to solve issues. I cannot believe an Engineer came to my property and left a cut cable with a false promise of someone fixing the issue the next day - without raising a work order...

The whole experience has been so taxing.

0 Kudos