cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints and awful service.

Torode
Tuning in

I have been having issues past 2 weeks not with my LAN cable disconnecting and reconnecting 5 times within 30 second bursts at least 40 times a day.

The WiFi isn't much better I've used all mobile data this month in the house cause I'm stuck in house waiting surgery and still have 2 weeks to go before it renews cause virgins crappy connection.

I have raised multiple complaints across the phone and written and keeping getting same story technicians are working in the area and will be finished on this day that passes and still having issue make another complaint and the just change the day oh they are still working on it it will be this day now if still haven't Ng issues after that phone is which I do with nothing changing.

I am getting fed up of being made to run around in circle I have asked for text updates which I never receive. The call centre must be fed up of my voice and still had nothing bad from my written complaint can I get a straight answer from someone and so compensation for the run around and awful service

29 REPLIES 29

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It was not the automated service it was call centre employee on the 0345 454 1111 number. I have been given 3 seperate dates on which the problem should of been resolved. Still having issues. 

I have been told I will not receive compensation cause my internet not been completely off for 2 days but it cuts off and comes back on that often I might aswell have no internet. 6 times in 30 mins I was cut off on a video call to friends I gave up trying on the 6th time cut off. I am clearly not getting the service i am paying for and been giving no clear solution or fix or update to the problem. 

I think I'm having issues with router since it is 9 years old or it's in the area. Either way fed up of poor service and bring made to run around for answers.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Torode, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the service and your experience when contacting the team. 

After running some checks from our side, we can see there is an ongoing issue in your area related to SNR ( Signal to Noise Ratio). The team are working to get this resolved as soon as possible but due to the complexity of the issue, there have been some delays. 

Information regarding our complaint policy can be found here. Once the issue has been resolved, we would be happy to run a package and equipment review on your account and check what is available in order to ensure you are receiving the best service. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Natalie

Thank you for response its the clearest answer I have been giving in the past week. I have devices connected to ethernet and just keeps disconnecting and connecting gets frustrating when in the middle of something and just stops your process dead. Hopefully can be sorted soon 

Mr torode

Hi Natalie

Still receiving ilconnection issues only reason messaging here is I get actual answer unlike the horrible customer service I've received across the phone.

What's the next step work ment to be finished am I better getting new equipment to see if that's the issue?

Torode

Thanks for coming back to us Torode, I have looked into this and can see that the latest estimated fix time is 13.05 on Thursday 6th July.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

The issue has been going on for over a month now and the dates keep changing I was told ment to of finished on the 12th then the 20th then the 25th then the 28th now looking at the 6th .

I have received no form of apologies or compensation for my services cutting in and out most of the day. Which I am still paying for and the automatic refunds only kick in if had no broadband for 2 days straight but it I might aswell have none with the amount of times it cuts in and out throughout the day. So I will not receive anything.

Thanks for coming back to us Torode and I'm sorry for the time being taken to resolve the issues in your area, I hope that we can finally get the issues resolved on the latest estimated fix time. Automatic compensation would only come into this, if you have a total loss of service, we can however look into compensation for the ongoing SNR issues. I can take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven or Natalie

This is beyond a joke now told the 6th july the work would be finally done after been giving this new date like previous dates being which I have mentioned in previous messages and posts.

it is now the 6th at 23:35 still having issues with my internet cutting off was trying to finish the film before bed but looks like that's for tomorrow now since WiFi and LAN cable both just cut off again it is not costing me to use data on my phone since gone over with all the times it has cut out. I am going to get a straight answer of when it will be completed.

Thanks

Chris