Menu
Jude73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Complaint not reso

I made a complaint on 24.2.21 which was not responded to.

I then received an email on 23rd March advising the complaint team had tried to contact me. No letter or email or telephone call has been received. I have a call-guard service and checked all attempted calls.

I responded to the email on March 23rd asking for a reply by April 9th. Needless to say there has been no reply.

I now want to take the matter further, who do I contact? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
vmrunreliable
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint not reso

Write out your complaint on a piece of paper, then scrunch it up and set fire to it. You'll have the same odds of getting it resolved.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Follow the complaints code of practice on the website. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You look at the calendar, and exactly eight weeks and one day after your first complaint was submitted (if online, otherwise allow a few days for post) you raise a complaint with CISAS the industry arbitration scheme.  They will investigate and make a ruling that is binding on VM, but it pays for your complaint to be clear on the background, nature of problem, contact with VM including any difficulties, disconnections, long waits or rudeness, and attempts to resolve before you complained, and the outcome you now want.

So look up CISAS, read the customer guidance, and file your complaint with them on 22 April.  It'll then take them around six weeks to investigate and issue an adjudication.

I'll flag this for the forum staff as it seems they've got exactly one week to save this from going to CISAS, and it's always much cheaper for VM to resolve a complaint before CISAS get involved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Jude73 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your complaint being resolved. 

Are you able to let us know what your complaint was regarding and we can see if we are able to assist you in this regard? 

As advised above, once the complaint is over 8 weeks old you are able to take this to OFCOM, you can find more information on this via our Complaints code of practic.

Kind Regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As a point of clarification, for both @Zak_M and @Jude73 customers certainly can complain to the industry regulator Ofcom, and they can do so at any time, but Ofcom don't do anything with complaints, they merely count them all up and issue a report of the complaint count per company that is released six months later.  It is CISAS who actually investigate and deliver a complaint resolution (an "adjudication").  Customers could of course complain to both Ofcom (for their information) and to CISAS to actually get things fixed, but my thinking is why waste effort trying to help a regulator that doesn't actually act?

Ideally VM's complaints would be handled in-house, promptly and effectively and there wouldn't be the need to take matters further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Jude73

We still here to help where we can 

If you are able to explain what the complaint was regarding, that would be very much appreciated

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Jude73
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My complaint ref is C-0102213916

Its relating to the extremely intermittent broadband connection. Some days we have to reset the router several times due to loss of connection. This can be daytime as well as evenings and it’s not acceptable 

C-0102213916

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jude73

Can you please unplug the hub for a minute and then back in again 

That way I can have a look to see what is causing this issue 

Also the hub has been online for over 40 days and its just needs a refresh

Once that has been done can you see how the connection is and let me know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Jude73
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

my husband is working at the moment so I’m unable to do this until later today.

0 Kudos