Menu
nikbower
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Compensation offered but not paid

Hi there,

I have been suffering intermittent poor speeds and frequent outages (requiring complete reboot of my hub) since July 2020 (around 7 months now).  I this has been assigned fault reference number F008579880.  I have been posting extensively on this subject on the forum in this thread.

I had a private message from Katie_WT on 1/9/20 that read as follows:

"So for these sorts of issues, we have a set amount we can offer as a credit; this is different to the OFCOM auto compensation scheme as that only covers 100% total loss of services. For the package you are on, this would be a monthly rate of £8.

If we use the system to calculate the credit from the start of the known area issue (12th August 2020) to the estimated fix date (8th September 2020) this would be a credit of £7.46. I can add this on today for you or you can wait until the issue is resolved and we can recalculate for you encase the estimated fix date is moved one again. 

Do let me know what you would like to do."

I am still being told that there is a "known area issue" that has not been resolved, as of today 4/2/21.  I would like to have the credit applied to my account now, rather than waiting until the problem is resolved (if ever).  At £8/month that means the compensation offered should be approximately £45.80 as of today's date.

Virgin could you please apply this credit to my account and confirm it has been done?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
nikbower
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation offered but not paid

Hi Virgin folks,

Posted this on Thursday, now it's Tuesday and no reply - could somebody please get back to me or PM me?

Thanks!

Nik

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This forum is not a direct link to Virgin staff, it may take a week or longer to answer in some cases. If you require an urgent response your best bet is to ring customer services. 

0 Kudos
nikbower
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice.  I'll wait for a response from this forum - the team here seem to be a lot more knowledgeable than the folks I reach at customer services after waiting an hour or more on hold... 🙂

0 Kudos
nikbower
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin reps, please could you come back to me?  This post has now gone unanswered for 3 weeks.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Forum staff can't look into compensation requests etc.

You need to phone up or follow the complaints procedure whereby they have 8 weeks to respond.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Follow the complaints process and escalate to CISAS as necessary.  It takes a while though....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
nikbower
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all

0 Kudos