cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover PDQ problems

bosstoad
Tuning in

Has anyone experienced problems with using Clover PDQ equipment with Virgin Broadband and found solutions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

is it just a dodgy wireless connection (entirely possible) or is the device connected to teh network but then not sending / receiving data from the Clover servers?

To be honest, you're likely gonna get better support from Clover and/or their own community forums (if they have them?).  Not sure how many other Clover users you'll find around here that are able to help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

sophist
Trouble shooter

what specific problems are you having? i'm not familiar with the product you mention, but assume it's a POS device that sends traffic over the internet?

Yes it is. We get intermittent failure to communicate. I am told by Clover that it is a known problem and started after a Virgin change of some sort.  have asked Virgin for details but I have nothing more yet. Thanks for your interest.

is it just a dodgy wireless connection (entirely possible) or is the device connected to teh network but then not sending / receiving data from the Clover servers?

To be honest, you're likely gonna get better support from Clover and/or their own community forums (if they have them?).  Not sure how many other Clover users you'll find around here that are able to help.

Hi, i have the same issues.

Were you able to resolve?.

Afraid not, I referred it back to Firstdata who are the provider but I have heard no more. I believe that Clover need to talk to Virgin as a single user is unlikely to get a result.

Thanks for replying so quickly...Oo no really!..I have two sites useing clover and VM Business site one using 3xClover Minis and site two using 1xFlex.

Did you end up using the 4g sim to make connection? And if so did FD reimburse you the charge?

Clover did not reimburse, I tried the 4g solution first but I needed the Clovers to interact with my tills so have used Wifi and directed the traffic away from the Virgin line to a backup line using my Draytek 2862ac router and this works just fine ( basically an Openreach line from another provider). Clovers are otherwise a good solution and the interaction with the Tills helps productivity.. Very frustrating that Corporate Clover are not sorting with Corporate Virgin..

Good choice of router, swiss army knife.

Thanks for replying, its at least good too know im not alone.

Out of intrest which sector you operate. Retail?

bosstoad
Tuning in

I am with a Golf Club. You?