Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

CloudFront Error

Since 8.30pm last night we are getting issues on some Websites (eg William Hill) - the error relates to CLOUDFRONT issues.

This is only when going through Virgin wi-fi, 4G or work networks are fine.

Can this be resolved asap please?

Thanks

Lynne

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: CloudFront Error

Are you accessing the affected websites from a browser or app?

Wha is the actual error message?

Is it just William Hill that is affected?

I must admit I have never heard of CLOUDFRONT and a quick Google search comes up with something to do with Amazon. ??????????

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Probably a typo or autocorrect for Cloudflare.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No its CLOUDFRONT. Will advise the full error once I get home.

I also googled it, and it has been mentioned on these forums several times, apparently its a webhosting site.

Virgin media need to fix it their end I believe, well that what they did the previous time this question was asked.

0 Kudos
Hero
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

William Hill uses AWS's Cloudfront as part of their protection in front of their online system.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@jem101 wrote:

Probably a typo or autocorrect for Cloudflare.

Jem

CloudFront is the Amazon web hosting service.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So does anyone know how to fix this please? Partner has spoken to Virgin Tech Support who said to reset the hub. He did, No difference.

We haven't changed anything our end so I'm confused why we are expected to fix it?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@lynnemoo wrote:

So does anyone know how to fix this please? Partner has spoken to Virgin Tech Support who said to reset the hub. He did, No difference.

We haven't changed anything our end so I'm confused why we are expected to fix it?

Can you answer the questions at post #2 please?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, same error on the laptop browser (firefox and chrome) and on the App. Both worked on the mobile when using 4G rather than wifi.

Haven't tried a huge range of sites as we thought Hills was down but Ladbrooks and Betfred OK.

I will post the error once I get home as I am at work at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This is the error:

403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: d2aR56Bq_7DYF-j6-L2DkUs2vJGe2doLlLu8MUjEJWm993TEVrWeQA==
0 Kudos