cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco AnyConnect VPN keeps dropping connection

ish91
Joining in

Hi,

I have a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 and a HP Elitebook laptop which has Cisco AnyConnect. Every hour, the cisco connection keeps dropping and I keep getting disconnected from the VPN.

Info below:

- Windows 10
- AnyConnect version: v 4.8.02042

Things I've already tried:

- flushing the DNS on the Elitebook
- Rebooting the kit
- Rebooting the Hub
- Tether Wifi from my Mobile - THIS WORKS, and I have no connection dropouts when connected via Hotspot

Has anyone faced these issues and is there anyway to fix this? 

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
The Cisco AnyConnect uses TCP 443 and tries for a UDP tunnel on 443 if not falls back to TCP

The hub may not like a long UDP session and drops the connection this may happen for TCP. To make Cisco AnyConnect to use TCP add a block rule in windows firewall for app vpnagent.exe UDP remote port 443 and see if that helps/

Or get a better router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your reply.

Would those changes be on the actual laptop? If so, I can't make them as it's really restricted so doesn't allow those types of changes.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Well you could get a switch with ACL and block it that way but you might as well get a better router.

Hi @ish91, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Regrettably we cannot offer any support with VPNs, sorry.  Therefore, we're going have to leave you in the capable hands of your fellow community member.  The only thing I could possibly suggest is our partners at Gadget Rescue.  However, that is a chargeable service.

Regards

Lee_R

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Lee_R wrote:

The only thing I could possibly suggest is our partners at Gadget Rescue.  However, that is a chargeable service.

Unless Gadget Rescue can make changes to the firmware after testing their end thats not going to help.

Just to let everyone know, if people are hitting these issues.

Had multiple calls with VMs tech service, changed various settings on the hub, but no luck and constant disconnection of Cisco.

Got fed up eventually and bought TPLinks Deco M5 routers.

Switched Super Hub to Modem mode and using the M5 as my router now, and been 2 days, no disconnections (fingers crossed)

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Guess we can rule out VM network as the problem...I wonder where the problem lies...😜