cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Optimisation

riso
Tuning in

Hi All,

Had an odd breakthrough I didn't know I was supposed to have tonight.

Basically, my connection went from the usual 800mb to around 40. I checked and found the channel my wireless was using was suddenly highly congested.

Reading up, I believe the channel Optimisation is supposed to automatically select the best channel. So I switched this off, selected a very uncongested channel and suddenly I'm getting 1,170mb on WiFi, which I've never achieved.

Switched channel Optimisation back on and BAM back down to 40mb.

My question is, does anyone else experience this issue? Is it known? I've NEVER achieved over 800mb wireless and playing online games lagged heavily, which I attributed to my rubbish laptop, but now suddenly they fly.

Only down side is that I now can't use the VM app so lose features such as blocking devices, but I'm not overly fussed. I also now can't use the WiFi extender, as I believe it relies on this function being active. Again, I have my own extended I can start using, so no show stopper.

It's just odd that all these months I haven't got the full potential from the service due to what seems to be a buggy feature. Bit frustrating.

HUB 5 top tier product if anyone's wondering.

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

VM Channel Optimization is OFF on our Hub because it made the worst channel selection choices possible.

800Mb/s via Wi-Fi is excellent. A 1Gb/s network port & cable could get you to 930Mb/s but and it is a huge but ,it would be full duplex and have less latency and less jitter than any Wi-Fi connection.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Keep it turned off. I’ve never been a great believer in channel optimisation, it’s a point in time snapshot, 5 minutes later the channels could have changed astound you and another 5 minutes yet again. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2