Menu
Woburn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing WiFi name and Password to new Hub 4

Received an email from Virgin who have offered me a free upgrade to the Hub 4. Before I accept, How easy is it to change the WiFi name and password that will be linked to the new hub to the WiFi name and password I already have on my Hub 3? I have some devices (Home alarm etc) that would require an engineer to come and reset/link those devices to the WiFi name/Password associated to the Hub 4. But if I am able to keep the current WiFi name and password I have on my hub 3,  I assume that all my devices will just continue to operate as they are now.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing WiFi name and Password to new Hub 4

If you change the new Hub 4 to the same wi-fi SSID and password as the old Hub you will still need to reconnect the devices as the new router has a different Mac address and will still need to re-establish a new connection 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos