Menu
yonder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing Superhub 3 to 4 in modem mode

Just coupla questions re replacing Superhub 3 with 4 (just received)

1. At mo Hub 3 is in modem mode connected to 2 x Asus routers down/upstairs.

I presume I can switch superhubs *without* affecting my Asus router setup? (Don't want to change/mess that up in any way)

2. It seems simple to replace Hub 3 with Hub 4, but how do I connect to new hub 4 to set it up in modem mode? At mo. I don't appear able to connect via PC  to my Hub only the routers - when I try 192.168.0.1 in browser, it won't/ can't connect to that addy..

Sorry if silly questions - long time since I fiddled with hub & router settings - & many thx for any help

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Superhub 3 to 4 in modem mode

If you haven't sorted it yet try this,

Put the VM hub into modem mode (see VM website for details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta or whatever the colour is for modem mode on a Hub4 (I dont know!). Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Setup the hub 4 with your router the same way you did with hub 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
yonder
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thx guys. Net down Tues. Called V. - switched me from hub3 to hub4 - wh didn't work.Said they can have problems. Back to Hub 3 wh they couldn't work now either. So waiting for engineer to repair outside line. Mess!

0 Kudos