Menu
Nicola54
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changing Hub2ac password

It’s been recommended that I change my hub password to increase security. It all goes well, I get to the point of entering my current password and then the new password (entered twice), but then I get a message that I haven’t entered the correct current password. I have only ever used the password on the bottom of the Hub and that’s the one I’m entering. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing Hub2ac password

There are two passwords. One for accessing the Hub settings and one for connecting your wifi devices.

Have you tried them both ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nicola54
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. Before I got to the the point of entering a new password I had to enter the ‘change settings’ password and the WPS PIN - both on the bottom of the hub. Then when asked to enter my current password I entered the WiFi password also on the bottom of the hub (this is the password you would enter to access/connect to my WiFi). Is there another password?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, it's not the wifi password.  There a second settings password showing on the base of the hub, and that's the password that you're being asked to input and to change.  On some hubs this was "changeme" but later hubs had numeric passwords.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nicola54
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Andrew, problem solved.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nicola54,

Thanks for posting. I am glad you were able to get the help you required from our VIPs and the problem is solved 🙂

Feel free to reach out should you have any other issues. 

Take care.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos