Menu
fiiwall
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing Hub password

Hi, I'm unable to access my 3.0 hub settings because of the password. I've never actually changed the password myself but we had to reset the hub last week and since then I can't change any settings on the hub as it states the password is incorrect. I've already tried twice to reset the hub and despite restoring it to factory settings it still won't unlock with the original password it came with. Help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Hub password

Assuming you’re using the settings password from the sticker and not the WiFi password do another reset;

press and hold the reset button for a full, timed, 60 seconds. Then leave the hub for 10 mins to sort itself out. Do not turn it off after doing the reset... just leave it be.

0 Kudos
fiiwall
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tehwolf 

Yes have done this twice today and left it far longer than 10 mins. Timed on phone stopwatch for full 60 seconds before releasing the pin. Have left the hub on following this. No joy. 

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welp, aside from having seen a few posts around here stating that it took several resets before the password was accepted, I'm all out of ideas 🙂 only other option as far as i know is a new hub - you'll either have to call it in or wait here for a forum staffer to pick it up. the latter can take a few days, but comes with no frustration about being on hold 😉

0 Kudos