Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Change Booster name from router name

Hi - Help please!!!

Problem: I have my main router and booster. I need to name them different things (they are currently named the same) because my baby monitor is not able to connect to the booster unless it has a unique name. 

How can I do this? Customer service says this is not possible but I know it is because they were originally named different things and I had chosen to name them the same before i knew it would be a problem. 

The booster says the password and to go to this website but is it legitimate? it looks fake.. virginmedia-vmp.com

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change Booster name from router name

That is the address to use if you're connected to the booster, yes.

Failing that you can get the IP address for the booster from the hubs "Connected Devices" page, go the IP address and login and change it there.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alessandro - Sorry here I am afraid I'm a beginner. How does one long onto the hub? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser and use the admin password on the bottom of the hub to login 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok great , was able to do that. But once I've logged in, do you know where to go specifically to change the name of the Booster? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You don’t. Go to the Connected Devices page and look for the booster and make a note of its IP address.

Open a new browser tab and enter that IP address to get to the booster login page and login with the password on the back of the booster. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Great thank you!! this worked in changing the names. 

However sadly, my baby monitor was not fixed... the monitor company said I probably need to switch my Wifi onto a different server. This sounds diffcult... Is this something I can do myself or do I need a virgin technician to come do this? 

Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what they mean by server?

Can you clarify?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apparently I need the DNS changed. (Domain Name Service)

DNS server is responsible for the connection to the baby monitor server and it's apparently what is not working. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why it needs connection to a server - is it a Chinese-special off Amazon or somewhere? 🙂

0 Kudos